Are you looking for a quick and simple way of running giveaways on your website? With the help of a WordPress giveaway plugin, you can create amazing giveaways and contests without any coding.
A giveaway is a type of contest where you offer a prize in exchange for an entrant’s contact info, or for some other action like sharing a post. Giveaways are great for attracting new visitors to your website, growing your email list, generating leads, and increasing sales.
What Is a WordPress Giveaway Plugin?
A WordPress giveaway plugin makes it easy to create online raffles and giveaways by managing the design and display of your contest. They also manage user entries and randomize picking giveaway winners.
There are tons of giveaway and contest plugins that you can use with WordPress. But picking the right tool can be difficult.
Some of them are not user friendly, don’t offer much customization, or lack a dedicated support team.
To help narrow down your choices, we’ll look at the most popular WordPress giveaway plugins. We’ll compare features, usability, and value to select our top pick.
Why Run an Online Giveaway?
There are many benefits of running a giveaway or contest on your website. For instance, say you want to boost your social followers. Offering a giveaway encourages visitors to like and follow your page in exchange for extra reward points or contest entries.
Giveaways and contests are also a great way to grow your email lists. You can ask participants to subscribe to your newsletter to enter the competition. Gathering emails creates new leads, which you can convert into paying customers.
Also, your brand gets exposed to a new audience when people refer their friends to enter your giveaway contests. This creates more prospects and more potential for earning money.
While it used to be complicated to create giveaways on a website, that’s changed with today’s tools. All of the WordPress contest plugins from our list make it simple for anyone to run a giveaway.
Features to Look for in a WordPress Giveaway Plugin
When it comes to selecting a WordPress giveaway plugin, there are few things you should look for:
- Ease of Use – the giveaway plugin should be user-friendly and help you create attractive contests without requiring any coding.
- Email Integration – one of the reasons for running giveaways and contests is to generate leads and increase email subscribers, so look for plugins that offer easy email integration.
- Price – you should pick a plugin that is affordable but also offers you all the features you need to build a successful giveaway campaign.
- Refer a Friend Feature – look for contest plugins that offer refer a friend features, so your contests and giveaways are easily shared and have the potential to go viral.
- Social Sharing Option – social sharing is an important option to look for in a giveaway plugin, as shares help to promote contests and increase social followers.
- Reliable Support and Updates – you also want to choose a giveaway plugin that offers reliable technical support, along with regular software updates to make sure it’s compatible with future versions of WordPress.
Our Favorite WordPress Giveaway Plugins
We’ve shortlisted the best giveaway plugins for WordPress. Click the links to skip ahead to any plugin you’re interested in learning about.
RafflePress is the best WordPress giveaway plugin on the market. It’s loaded with amazing features that will help you create powerful giveaways to grow your website.
The plugin is lightweight and very easy to use. You can easily create a giveaway within minutes. And its wide customization options will let you change the design and layout of the giveaway.
Another benefit of using RafflePress is you can add as many entry options as you want, and then award points to users for different actions.
For best results, the RafflePress Pro plan offers the most customization and integration options.
Here are a few features of RafflePress premium that make it the best contest plugin for WordPress:
- Drag and drop builder to create giveaways
- Pre-built giveaway templates to run viral giveaways and contests
- Integration with email marketing tools and CRMs
- Refer a friend option to attract visitors
- Control start and end time of the competition
- Social media integration with platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Option to customize designs and backgrounds of giveaways
- SEO optimized and mobile responsive widgets
- Fraud detection feature and simple 1-click entry
It’s more than just a contest platform. You can also create other types of campaigns like quizzes and surveys.
There are tons of preloaded templates and layouts that you can use for your giveaway. And it also comes with a drag and drop builder, which makes it easy for anyone to build a giveaway competition.
Other exciting features of Woorise include:
- Social actions to increase followers and engagement
- Create forms, polls, surveys, and quizzes
- Mobile friendly giveaway widgets
- Track performance of campaigns with analytics
- Email integration with platforms like Mailchimp
- Export competition data in CSV files
- Target your competition to specific countries
- Create giveaways in different languages
Pricing: Woorise premium plans start from $23 per month, with a free version that limits entries to 200 per month.
Using the tool, you can create different types of giveaways for social media. Here are other features of Agorapulse you can try out:
- Randomly select a winner from users who liked or commented on your post
- Create engaging photo contests
- Generate quizzes
- Schedule posts on social media
- Detailed analytics to track ROI and engagement
Pricing: Agorapulse offers a 15-day free trial, with premium packages starting from $49 per month.
However, its contests and promotion tool is super easy to use and helps you create beautiful giveaways. Some of the features of its giveaway plugin include:
- Choose from 10 types of giveaways like sweepstakes, photo contests, coupons, vote contest, referral contest, video contest, and more
- Easy integration with email marketing platforms like Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- A/B testing option
- API access
- Run amazing social contests
Pricing: The paid plans of Wishpond start from $49 per month billed annually.
KingSumo began as an internal company project which was later released for public use. It’s by the team that created AppSumo, and it lets you create amazing giveaways in your WordPress site.
The plugin has a very user-friendly interface, so you can set up a giveaway within 60 seconds. Here are some cool features of KingSumo:
- Unlimited giveaways
- Integration with popular email and social media platforms
- You can upload your own logo
- Offers Facebook pixel tracking
- 24/7 customer support
- Free plugin updates
Pricing: KingSumo has a one-time charge of $49, with lifetime updates.
Contests by Rewards Fuel is a brilliant yet lightweight WordPress contest plugin to run sweepstakes right from your WordPress dashboard.
Using the plugin, you can generate leads, gather emails, increase your social media following, and promote your brand.
Some awesome features of Contests by Rewards Fuel include:
- Get statistics on who entered your competition and from where
- Run giveaways in specific countries and block certain regions
- Use a previous template to create a new giveaway instantly
- Translation ready templates
- Run video contests and voting contests
Pricing: Contests by Rewards Fuel premium packages start from $16.63 per month.
Gleam offers one of the top WordPress giveaway tools, along with other marketing solutions to website owners.
It has a powerful sweepstakes and contest builder called Competitions, through which you can create exciting giveaways to increase website traffic and email subscribers.
That said, Gleam does have some limitations. For starters, it’s set up process isn’t the most user-friendly. But you can use its setup wizard to guide you step by step.
Here are some features of Gleam you should check out:
- Supports up to 25 different languages
- Fraud detection
- Mobile responsive widgets
- Email verification of participants
- Easily display winners
- Let entrants know of their progress in an email
Pricing: Gleam offers all its tools in a bundled Full Package for $97 per month, but you can get the Competitions app for just $10 per month.
The Simple Giveaways WordPress plugin is easy to use and lets you create amazing giveaway campaigns. Its interface is clean and excellent for beginners.
The plugin is available for free, but with limited options. If you want more features and customization options, you’re better off with the premium version. Here are some of Simple Giveaways’ top features:
- Control start, end, and winner dates of your giveaway
- Enter a countdown timer
- Add social media sharing options
- Add a refer a friend feature for bonus entries
- Select amazing giveaway templates
- Let the plugin select a winner automatically
- Integrate your giveaway with marketing platforms
Pricing: Simple Giveaways premium packages start from $49.99 per year, with a free version available.
Recommendation: Which Is the Best WordPress Giveaway Plugin?
If you’re looking for the best giveaway plugin for WordPress, then we recommend RafflePress. This tool empowers even beginners to create professional-looking contests, its interface is user-friendly, and it has features that match more expensive solutions.
RafflePress has enough customization options to create just about any giveaway campaign you can imagine. And it offers a wide range of entry and reward options to increase your social media followers, get email subscribers, and generate leads.
And that’s all for our review of the best WordPress contest plugins! Now, you should be able to choose a tool that suits your needs and gives you a great return on your investment.
We hope you liked our article on the best WordPress giveaway plugins compared. You might also be interested in our guide to tracking user engagement in WordPress.