Wondering how to add contact forms on your WordPress site? It’s easy with a WordPress contact form plugin!
But choosing the right plugin can be a tiring job, given the presence of thousands of WordPress form plugins on the market.
In this article, we’ll compare the 10 best contact form WordPress plugins to help you choose the most suitable form builder for your needs.
Best Contact Form WordPress Plugins 2019 (Free & Premium)
To help you navigate this article, we’ve summarized the best form plugins for WordPress and their market performance here:
- WPForms – 2+ million active installs & 4.9 / 5 stars average rating
- Formidable Pro – 200,000+ active installs & 4.6 / 5 stars average rating
- Ninja Forms – 1+ million active installs & 4.4 / 5 stars average rating
- Contact Form 7 – 5+ million active installs & 4.1 / 5 stars average rating
- Gravity Forms – data not available
- Caldera Forms – 200,000+ active installs & 4.5 / 5 stars average rating
- Everest Forms – 100,000+ active installs & 4.9 / 5 stars average rating
- HappyForms – 20,000+ active installs & 4.2 / 5 stars average rating
- weForms – 10,000+ active installs & 4.9 / 5 stars average rating
- FormCraft – 7,000+ active installs & 4.7 / 5 stars average rating
Now let’s take a look at the best WordPress contact form builder plugins with a quick description, pros and cons, user ratings, and pricing details for each.
WPForms is the best contact form WordPress plugin on the market. It comes with a simple drag and drop form builder, which lets you create smart online forms in just a few clicks, without touching any code.
Besides offering the most user-friendly interface, it features the most powerful features you’ll need to succeed. In addition to simple contact forms, the plugin enables you to create advanced online forms like survey forms, donation forms, order forms, subscription forms, etc. in a matter of minutes.
To ensure you have the freedom to create all types of forms, it provides all kinds of form fields from the radio buttons to file uploads to multi-page forms. Plus, it includes tons of form templates to let you build professional WordPress forms easier and faster.
Best of all, adding the forms to your pages and posts is extremely easy with the native WPForms block. Yes, it’s Gutenberg ready. Also, it stores all the form submissions as ‘entries’ and lets you manage and review the information you need right from your WordPress dashboard.
- Easy to Use: It’s extremely easy to use a plugin that even an absolute beginner can easily configure the plugin and make powerful WordPress forms.
- FREE version available: WPForms has a free contact form plugin version available on WordPress.org. Great for beginners and small companies.
- Expert Support: You can get plenty of documentation and tutorials along with fully-dedicated technical support.
- Need to Buy Paid Version for Advanced Features: Although it has a free version, you need to purchase the pro version to unlock most of its advanced features.
Active Installs: 2,000,000+ (#2 most popular form plugin after Contact Form 7)
Average Rating: 4.9 Out of 5 stars from 4500 reviews.
Pricing: Free or $39.50 / year for the Basic plan.
Offer: MonsterInsights users can get a 10% discount on WPForms by simply using the coupon code SAVE10.
Formidable Forms is the most advanced WordPress form builder plugin available on the market. It comes with powerful options along with premium addons with which you can create advanced forms like quizzes, surveys, payment forms, registration forms, profile forms, and more.
With a visual drag and drop form builder, it allows you to create simple to complex forms with ease. If you don’t want to start from the scratch, you can use the pre-built form templates on your business site.
Using the plugin, you can create unlimited forms and customize them as fully as you want. It has a visual form stylizer which you can use to give a specific style to everything, including your field labels, floating labels, colors, settings, etc.
A unique feature you will get with Formidable Forms is the ability to display form data with views. You can display any data submitted into a Formidable form in the front-end of your site similar to classified listing sites like real estate, employment listings, etc.
You can purchase its addons separately or buy them with premium plans. Individual addons cost $39 to $89
- Advanced features: Formidable Forms offers a wide range of features which can benefit programmers to build more advanced functionalities.
- Greater flexibility: It provides great flexibility and more styling options than some of the other plugins on this list.
- Learning curve: Although its extensive features can be helpful for advanced users, they make the plugin interface quite complicated. Beginners can get puzzled in the beginning.
Active Installs: 200,000+
Average Rating: 4.6 Out of 5 stars from 450+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $99 / year for Creator plan.
Ninja Forms is yet another powerful form builder plugin for WordPress. With its intuitive drag and drop form creator, you can build simple to complex online forms with ease. But if you’re a developer, you can also create your custom functionality using the hundreds of functions and action hooks available.
Using Ninja Forms, you can use an unlimited number of forms, fields, emails, and submissions. After you have created your forms, you can add them to your site using a shortcode, widget, or template function. With Ninja Forms, you will miss out on the direct Add Form option in the post editor that WPForms provides.
Ninja Forms is a freemium plugin which is available in both free and paid versions. Besides, it features dozens of addons ($29 to $129) for advanced options and integration with various web apps, email marketing services, and payment options.
- Choice of Addons: Ninja Forms addons offer you a choice to purchase only the addons you need. Thus, you will pay only for the features you actually need. No extra money is spent.
- Detailed Documentation: There is detailed documentation for the plugin and its addons. If you need technical support, they have a great approach to offering support.
- Quite Expensive: Ninja Forms looks cost-effective at the beginning with the option to purchase individual addons; however, it becomes very expensive as your needs grow.
Active Installs: 1,000,000+
Average Rating: 4.4 Out of 5 stars from 990+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $99.50 / year for Personal plan.
Contact Form 7 is probably the oldest and the most downloaded contact form plugin in existence. It holds a legacy of over a decade as the top solution for WordPress contact forms.
Using Contact Form 7, you can build basic contact forms and add them to your site. However, creating contact forms is not as easy as with other plugins on this list because of its HTML-based interface. You’ll need to have basic HTML knowledge for using this plugin.
Unlike other plugins on the list, Contact Form 7 is exclusively a free plugin without any paid options. However, there are several third-party plugins which serve as addons to Contact Form 7.
- Free Plugin: You can install and use Contact Form 7 completely free of cost on as many sites as you want.
- Free Online Resources Available: There are plenty of useful online resources and tutorials which you can use to learn about the plugin.
- Limited Support: Since the plugin is free, support options are limited.
Active Installs: 5,000,000+ (#1 most popular free WordPress contact form plugin)
Average Rating: 4.1 Out of 5 stars from 1600+ reviews.
Gravity Forms is a premium contact form plugin for WordPress. The plugin features a bundle of powerful features and options which enable you to build advanced forms on your WordPress site.
Like WPForms and Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms also offers an intuitive drag and drop interface for building forms. After creating forms, you can add them on your posts and pages by simply clicking on the Add Form button in the Post Editor toolbar similar to WPForms. You can also use shortcodes and function call to manually add the forms on your site, if you prefer.
Its other significant features are conditional logic, email notifications, spam protection, responsive design, etc. Moreover, it has dozens of addons and integrations for different web applications and email marketing services.
Not to mention, all of your forms created with Gravity Forms will be fully responsive and look great across all devices.
- Reliable Support: Gravity Forms offers reliable support options for any type of help you may need. You can get answers for your general queries in the knowledge base and forums, while there’s email support for technical issues.
- Plenty of Addons: Advanced features and plenty of addons make this a complete tool for all your needs.
- It has no free version: Unlike other plugins on this list, it’s a premium only plugin. If you are on a shoestring budget, this may not be the right option for you.
Active Installs: Not available.
Average Rating: Not available.
Pricing: $59 / year for Basic plan.
Caldera Forms is one of the most widely used free WordPress form builder plugins on the market. Actively installed on over 200,000 websites, the plugin lets you create responsive WordPress forms easily.
Similar to WPForms, Caldera Forms also offers form templates to help you create beautiful forms quickly. There are pre-built templates for simple contact form, registration form, simple booking form, service rating form, and job application form.
It also provides plenty of form fields to build different types of forms. It includes drop-down select, file upload, calculation, and more.
- Plenty of free features: The plugin offers tons of great features in its free version.
- Poor support for free users: The plugin offers priority support to its paid plugin users, but it’s poor for free users. The support forum queries aren’t solved quickly.
- Expensive Addons: You can buy the plugin addons to extend the functionalities of your form plugin, but the addons are quite expensive (most of them cost $74.99)
Active Installs: 200,000+
Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars from 360+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $14.99 / month for the Basic plan.
Everest Forms is a simple contact form plugin for WordPress. It offers an easy to use and clean form-making interface so anyone including beginners can create forms with confidence.
Like most plugins above, it also offers a drag and drop builder with live preview. Drag form fields on the left-side panel and drop them on the form editor on the right side. After that, review its settings and save your form.
You can easily embed your forms in WordPress with its native Gutenberg block.
- Easy to use: The plugin is easy to use and handle. You can create a contact form in seconds without any confusion.
- Limited features in the free version: The free version of the plugin offers limited features only. You need to purchase its pro version to get advanced features.
Active Installs: 100,000+
Average Rating: 4.9 Out of 5 stars from 30+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $39 / year for 1 Site License.
HappyForms plugin allows you to easily create contact forms, feedback forms, survey forms, and more. Hence you can start more conversations and engage your website audience.
The plugin provides a user-friendly and straightforward visual form builder for building forms. You just need to select and click on the fields; the plugin will automatically add the fields to the editor.
After that, you can review confirmation messages, customize form styles, and save your form. Once the form is ready, you can easily insert into your posts, pages, and widget areas.
- Spam protection: It comes with in-built HoneyPot and Google ReCAPTCHA to prevent spam messages.
- Limited free version features: HappyForms free plugin has limited features. You need to upgrade to their pro version for conditional logic, file upload, etc.
Active Installs: 20,000+
Average Rating: 4.2 Out of 5 stars from 45+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $79 / year for personal sites.
weForms is yet another free WordPress form plugin you can use to create a contact form on your website.
The plugin offers a user-friendly drag and drop interface for making forms quickly. It also provides some pre-defined form templates for building forms quickly.
It also allows to import forms with a Jason file or from other form plugins like Ninja Forms, Contact Form 7, and others. You can also export your forms and entries as CSV file.
- Includes some really useful features: The plugin includes some really useful features like entry restrictions, email notifications for admins, etc.
- Slow loading on the backend: When we tested the plugin, it was slow loading on the backend.
Active Installs: 10,000+
Average Rating: 4.9 Out of 5 stars from 30+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $39 / year for Personal plan.
FormCraft is a free WordPress drag and drop form builder plugin. The plugin lets you easily create gorgeous forms and embed in your website.
When compared to other form plugins above, it has limited (8) field types including custom HTML. Hence, this plugin is suitable for websites that need a simple contact form with primary fields name, email address, and message.
- Lightweight and fast: This plugin with minimal features is lightweight and lets you create forms faster.
- Not Gutenberg ready: The plugin works fine with Gutenberg but it doesn’t have a native Gutenberg block. You’ll need to use shortcode to add your forms.
Active Installs: 7,000+
Average Rating: 4.7 Out of 5 stars from 30+ reviews.
Pricing: Free or $36 / year.
Track Your Forms with MonsterInsights Now!
After the review of the best contact form plugins, we think that creating contact forms is easy.
But if you want to grow your business faster, your job as a business owner doesn’t end here.
You need to know how your business site is interacting with your users. It’s important to know whether your website is turning your visitors into subscribers and customers.
Forms act as the means of collecting leads and conversions, but it’s essential to know how your forms are performing. Forms analytics can provide you with the actual reports of your forms’ views and conversions.
So, how do you track your contact forms?
You could use Google Analytics, but it’s a complex task unless you are an expert in using it.
Or, you can put your mind at ease because MonsterInsights is here to help.
It has wonderful forms addon for tracking your online forms.
Using this addon, you can track all your forms’ views and conversions. Not to mention, it takes just 1 click to activate this feature, and it starts collecting your forms’ data right away.
If you install WPForms, Gravity Forms, or Formidable Forms the enhanced tracking for these forms will be enabled automatically.
Which Is The Best WordPress Form Plugin?
Best is a relative term, meaning that the “best” plugin differs from person to person according to their needs. Thus, it’s entirely up to you to decide the best contact form plugin for yourself.
However, WPForms looks promising for all types of users due to its user-friendly interface, powerful features, and flexible pricing options.
If you have a startup business, you can use its free version to get you started. It has a bunch of powerful features sufficient for small-scale companies.
As your business grows, you can simply upgrade your plugin license and get everything else you could ever need.
We hope this article helped you to find the best contact form WordPress plugins. If you want to find more tools for growing your business, please see our ultimate collection of best plugins for WordPress – expert pick.