Are you looking for the best VoIP services for your business?
VoIP refers to an internet phone service which allows you to receive and make calls on your computer or mobile device. It’s a highly cost-effective call management solution for businesses of all sizes.
Using a business VoIP service, you can efficiently manage business calls, build a stronger relationship with customers, and improve your sales.
In this article, we’ll compare the best VoIP service for business in 2019 with their pros and cons.
Best VoIP Service for Business 2020 – Quick Overview
Let’s get started with a quick overview of the services on our list.
What Is a VoIP Service? Why You Need It For Your Business?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. It’s an internet-based business phone service that lets you receive and make phone calls using computers, VoIP phone sets, and also mobile devices.
Unlike the traditional phone services which use a landline, VoIP services use the internet to make phone connections. Due to the same reason, VoIP services are cheaper, and they provide more powerful features.
Using a VoIP service, you can easily track call duration, call wait times, hold times, and more. Also, you can enjoy more advanced options like call forwarding, call waiting, call routing, caller ID, etc.
Another advantage of using a VoIP business service is that you can share one phone number with all of your employees. And, it can be used from anywhere in the world.
By adding a business phone service on your website, you can make better communications with your customers. Depending on the nature of your business, online phone support can be sometimes more useful than contact forms and live chat.
However, there’re also some disadvantages. One most obvious downside is that slow internet speed on your side or your customer’s side can block or interrupt the communication. It’s also not the right choice for places with unstable electric power.
With that said, let’s take a look at our selection of best VoIP services for business.
Nextiva is the best VoIP service for business available on the market. They offer a simple but highly powerful phone system for businesses.
Nextiva’s business call management system includes features like unlimited calling, unlimited text messaging and faxing, call queuing, instant conference calls, and more. It provides a complete unified communication system with voice, video, text, mobile app, and web collaboration.
It also includes an auto-attendant feature which automatically greets your callers and helps them to choose the person or department they’re trying to reach.
Trusted by the world’s top business brands like Taco Bell, Ashleys Furniture, and Conan, Nextiva is an excellent business phone service provider in the world.
- Using Nextiva business phone service is really easy as it provides a user-friendly admin panel to manage all your calls, voicemails, SMS, and more.
- It’s an affordable business VoIP phone service system.
- Nextiva team offers highly dedicated customer service. They help you in every step from pre-sales, onboarding, setup, to using it every day.
- If you’re a non-tech person, then it can take some time to set up Nextiva and get used to its interface.
Pricing: Starts from $20 per user per month. (The prices get lower when you add more users to your Nextiva plan).
RingCentral is yet another popular business VoIP offering. They offer feature-rich business phone systems for both the small companies and enterprise-level businesses.
Their plans are all-inclusive, bundled up with all the essential features you’ll need to connect with your customers and grow your business. To name a few, it includes unlimited calling, call recording, instant messaging, call log, video meeting, screen sharing, call forwarding, and more.
Plus, it provides a toll-free or local number, minimum 100 toll-free minutes per month, and voicemail-to-text service. You can also integrate your phone system with third-party services like G Suite, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.
- Easy to set up and use; you can activate your phone service within minutes and start using it.
- It offers highly scalable services. You can add features to your plan as your business grows.
- Many users have complained about the poor customer support they provide.
Pricing: Starts from $19.99 per month per user.
Ooma is a top VoIP phone service for small businesses. You can get one free 1-800 toll-free number with Ooma Office account for your business and stay connected with your customers no matter where you are.
But if you require more toll-free numbers, then you’ll have to purchase them. Besides that, this business VoIP phone service system offers flexible and reasonable pricing plans along with lots of features. So, you don’t have to break the bank to add a VoIP phone service to your website.
Some of the key features of Ooma include virtual receptionist, dedicated mobile and desktop apps, call blocking, multi-ring feature, call recording, and more.
- You get loads of features at affordable prices
- It can convert your traditional telephone and fax machine to digital signals
- Requires a high-speed internet to work properly or you might face delays
Grasshopper is yet another popular business phone solution you can use for better business communications. It allows you to choose from local, toll-free, and vanity toll-free numbers as your business phone number and operate quick calls with your customers.
Grasshopper business phone service features desktop and mobile apps, business texting, call forwarding, simultaneous call handling, custom greetings, virtual fax, and more.
Grasshopper is a virtual phone system which can forward calls to any phone number or mobile device. However, it has a disadvantage that you need a regular phone line for outgoing calls.
- You can easily set up Grasshopper business VoIP system for your company.
- Call forwarding to anywhere in the world is possible with Grasshopper.
- Your employees need to use the existing landlines or mobile phones to make outbound calls.
Pricing: Starts from $26 per month for 1 number and 3 extensions (when paid annually).
Vonage is an excellent business phone service and VoIP provider. It is a powerful cloud-based VoIP service which offers high-quality communications with voice, video, and messaging.
Additionally, it collaborates with Amazon Chime to offer top-notch web conferencing, chat, screen share, file sharing, etc.
Vonage also integrates well with other cloud-based popular apps like Office 365, G Suite, Salesforce, etc. and helps to increase your productivity.
- Vonage Business keeps your business calls up and running 24/7. They claim 99.999% uptime reliability.
- It has lower international call rates.
- Setting up Vonage requires some technical skills, non-tech users can have some problem in the beginning.
Pricing: Starts from $19.99 per month per user.
CallHippo helps you to make high-quality calls to your customers and build stronger relationships with them. It’s a user-friendly virtual business phone system that you can use to offer customer support, answer pre-sale questions, and more.
With CallHippo, you can get a local number instantly and make calls to over 190 countries. And, you don’t need a desk phone to receive and make calls.
- It provides a simple and user-friendly interface for complete call management.
- The CallHippo team offers great customer support.
- CallHippo lacks some important features that its competitors provide.
Pricing: Starts from $14 per user per month.
8×8 is yet another popular business phone system provider for small businesses. They offer reliable cloud-based VoIP systems.
The 8×8 VoIP plans include all the standard features of an internet business phone system. Some of them are integrated voice, chat, virtual meetings, fax, contact centers, real-time communication analytics, etc.
- 8×8 is an easy to use phone system management service, suitable for both beginners and experts.
- Lacks some advanced features. For example, limited call queue options.
Pricing: Starts from $12 per month per user.
Skype is one of the most popular communication tools for online calls and chat. It’s most widely used for personal communications, however, there’s Skype for Business available for businesses.
Skype for Business lets you conduct professional online meetings with up to 250 people, record the sessions, share your screen, send instant messages, and more. It’s one of the best business VoIP systems you can get your hands on.
- Skype for Business is a part of the Office 365 Business bundle of Microsoft. It means that you can use all other powerful Microsoft apps with it.
- It doesn’t have advanced VoIP features that a full-fledged VoIP service might offer.
Pricing: Starts from $8.25 per user per month (with an annual commitment).
FAQs about Best VoIP Service for Business
Verdict: Which is the Best Business VoIP Service?
After comparing the top business VoIP services, we conclude that Nextiva is the best VoIP service for business. They offer an impressive set of features and affordable pricing plans.
The Nextiva user interface is user-friendly and straightforward. And, the customer support is trustworthy.
If you want a Nextiva alternative, then RingCentral is a good option. They also provide great features but their support is mostly slow.
We hope this article helped you to find the best VoIP service for your business. You may also want to see our list of best email marketing services.