Are you trying to find the best managed WordPress hosting for your website?
If you’re looking for a hassle-free and optimized web hosting service for WordPress, then managed WordPress hosting is a perfect choice.
However, the process of selecting the best company for your needs may be difficult because there’re many options available on the market.
In this article, we’ll compare the best managed WordPress hosting providers and help you choose the best option for your needs.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting: 6 Awesome Providers
Let’s get started with a quick overview of the best managed WordPress hosting providers:
Read on for our reviews of each managed hosting provider!
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is a web hosting service specifically designed for WordPress.
It’s an optimized, WordPress-specific hosting service that offers a set of user-friendly WordPress site management and optimization features, along with the regular hosting features.
With a managed WordPress hosting provider, you can instantly set up a WordPress site and efficiently manage it without having to put much time and energy into it.
That’s because your managed web host will handle all the technical aspects of running WordPress. It includes installing WordPress, maintaining daily backups, WordPress updates, security, speed, website uptime, and scalability.
Best of all, it offers excellent customer support by WordPress experts.
For more clarity, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using a managed WordPress hosting service.
Pros of Managed WordPress Hosting:
- Hassle-free, simple WordPress hosting for everyone; empowers non-tech savvy users.
- Fast and secure compared to regular shared hosting services.
- Manages updates, backups, downtime, etc., and lets you focus on creating content.
- Expert support to help you anytime you need help.
Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting plans are more expensive than regular hosting services.
- Some have limitations on using specific plugins and tools, which may cause issues related to speed, security, etc.
Now, let’s see what factors are important when picking the best managed WordPress hosting service.
How to Select the Best Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress hosting is a great choice, especially if you get a lot of website traffic.
But how do you select a hosting service that’s best for your business?
There are many factors that you need to look into before making a final decision. Some of these included:
- Speed, security, and reliability of the hosting service
- Quick and high-quality customer support
- Free Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates
- Free Content Delivery Network (CDN) option
- Daily website backups
- Unlimited pageviews/traffic
With that said, let’s take a look at how the top managed WordPress hosting companies stack up against each other.
WP Engine is the best managed WordPress hosting company available on the market. It’s one of the pioneer companies offering fully managed WordPress web hosting.
WP Engine offers fast, reliable, and secure hosting for WordPress sites and helps you create breakthrough digital experiences online.
To provide you actual performance data, we set up a test site on WP Engine servers and tested its speed using Pingdom. Here’re the results:
As you can see in the screenshot, the loading time for our test site was less than a second, and it was faster than 96% of tested sites. The performance grade is also impressive.
In addition to fast speed, here are some of WP Engine’s top features:
- Automated backups and core WordPress updates.
- Free CDN for enhanced speed and SSL certificates for safe transactions.
- One-click staging option to create a testing environment.
- Partners with Amazon Web Services to offer high-performance WordPress hosting.
- Powerful threat detection and blocking features to protect your site from hacks.
- Award-winning help from WordPress experts.
You can get WP Engine managed WordPress plans starting from $20 per month with a special discount coupon for our users.
We also ran a SiteGround test site on the Pingdom speed test tool, and here are the results:
As you can see in the screenshot above, our test site on SiteGround’s hosting servers was fast-loading (loaded in just 649 ms). It was faster than 95% of the tested sites and also received a good performance grade.
SiteGround managed WordPress hosting includes powerful features:
- Automated WordPress installation and starter to help you launch your site in minutes.
- Automatic updates for WordPress and custom firewall rules to patch against exploits.
- Free SSL certificate comes pre-installed on your server.
- Offers multiple data centers across the globe.
- Advanced staging tool for creating a testing environment quickly.
- Top-rated WordPress hosting that provides customer service through phone, live chat, and email tickets.
You can purchase SiteGround Managed WordPress hosting plans starting from $2.99 per month. The SiteGround plans are highly cost-effective compared to other managed hosts listed here.
Bluehost is one of the best managed WordPress hosting providers. It provides regular shared WordPress hosting, as well as managed WordPress hosting services at an affordable cost.
We also conducted a performance test of our test site on Bluehost managed hosting using Pingdom. Here are the results:
As you can see in the screenshot, the loading time was 1.24 seconds, and it was faster than 85% of tested sites. The performance grade is impressive enough.
Bluehost managed WordPress hosting comes with amazing features including the following:
- Optimized website performance.
- All-in-one marketing center to manage analytics, SEO, email marketing, and social media tools.
- Simple staging environment to test your website changes before pushing them live.
- Offers unlimited web storage and bandwidth.
- Lets you build unlimited sites, use unlimited domains, and unlimited subdomains.
You can buy Bluehost managed WordPress hosting plans starting from $19.95 per month.
Liquid Web is another one of the most reliable managed WordPress providers on the market. It offers a complete set of WordPress site management features along with blazing fast WordPress hosting solution.
We also created a demo site on Liquid Web’s managed hosting servers and tested the site’s performance using Pingdom. Here are the results:
As you can see on the screenshot, our test site on Liquid Web took less than a second to load. It was faster than 91% of the tested sites.
Liquid Web also includes other excellent features:
- Automatic daily backups to keep your website database and files secure.
- Automatic SSL included; no extra cost, configuration required.
- No pageview/traffic limits.
- Offers a staging environment.
- Improved website speed with the latest technologies PHP7, SSL, and Nginx.
- Staging site to test your website changes before making them live.
The Liquid Web managed WordPress hosting services are available from $13.30 per month.
To see how DreamPress hosting performs, we tested our DreamPress based demo site’s speed using Pingdom. The results are here:
As you can see on the screenshot, the site took less than a second to load. The website was faster than 97% of tested sites and the performance grade was impressive enough.
DreamPress comes with all the best managed WordPress hosting features including:
- Fast, high-performance web hosting.
- Pre-installed WordPress and automatic WordPress updates
- Constant site monitoring and daily backups.
- Advanced features like SFTP, Shell Access, WP-CLI included.
- Customer support provided by WordPress experts.
DreamPress hosting plans are available, starting from $12 per month when paid yearly.
HostGator is one of the top web hosting providers in the world. They offer different types of web hosting including shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, and managed WordPress hosting.
If you want to create your site with a trusted company, then HostGator is a perfect choice.
The HostGator WordPress hosting comes with brilliant features including the following:
- Simple and user-friendly hosting control panel.
- Improved website performance with low-density servers, WordPress CDN, and multiple caching layers.
- One-click scalability to handle traffic spikes and increased capacity requirements.
- Free website migration to easily transfer a site to HostGator.
- Automatic malware removal.
HostGator managed WordPress hosting plans are available from $5.95 per month with a special discount.
#1 Managed WordPress Hosting Provider: Our Pick
It can be difficult to pick which managed hosting provider is best for you out of so many good options. Our pick, though, is WP Engine. With its one-click staging, free CDN and SSL certificate, award-winning support, and more, it’s the best managed hosting provider you can have.
If you need something that’s a little bit more affordable, our #2 pick is Siteground.
We hope this article helped you to find the best managed WordPress hosting service for your website. You may also want to see our guide on the best WordPress plugins to grow your website faster.