Want more social media followers, email subscribers, and visitors on your website? Then running a viral giveaway is the quickest and easiest way to attract attention.
But picking out the right tool to run a contest can be tricky, especially when there are hundreds of options available.
In this article, we will show you free online contest software options for viral giveaways. Using these tools, you can create beautiful giveaways to boost your business’s growth.
Why Should You Run a Viral Giveaway?
Giveaways offer many benefits for your website. If you’re wondering why you should be running a giveaway contest, then consider these benefits:
- Increase Social Media Followers: By offering entries and points to your giveaway in exchange for a follow or likes, you can boost your social media following.
- Boost Your Website Traffic: You can attract more visitors to your website by promoting your giveaway on different platforms.
- Quickly Grow Your Email Subscribers: Asking users to sign-up for your email list for giveaway entries is a great way to increase your email subscribers.
- Generate Leads to Increase Sales: You can use giveaways to increase brand awareness and generate leads, then convert them into paying customers to increase sales.
Now that you know how useful giveaways are for your website, are you ready to check out the free online contest software? Let’s begin.
RafflePress is the number 1 FREE online contest tool and the best WordPress giveaway plugin. There are tons of features offered by RafflePress, even in the free version. You can use it to create beautiful giveaways and boost your website’s performance.
Here are some of the key features of RafflePress free version:
- Offers amazing free giveaway templates
- Drag and drop builder to create giveaway contests
- SEO optimized giveaway widget
- Offers mobile responsive giveaway widget
- Automate the start and end time of your contest
- Easily integrates with social media platforms
- Fraud protection feature to remove fraud entries
RafflePress offers more exciting features in its Pro version. So, if you’re looking for the following features, we recommend upgrading to the Pro plan:
- Email and CRM integration
- Custom designs and backgrounds for giveaways
- Create a giveaway landing page
- Refer a friend feature to make your giveaway viral
- Global based templates
- Social login option where users can log in with their Facebook or Twitter accounts
Woorise is another popular free software that lets you create free online contests. It offers exciting features in its free plans, such as 1-click random winner, pre-made layouts, export data through CSV files, detailed analytics, fraud detection, and more.
However, if you want advanced options, then you’ll need one of its paid plans. Here are some other features offered by Woorise:
- Mobile responsive giveaway templates
- Drag and drop builder makes it easy to use
- Track data through its analytics reports
- Multi-language support
- Create polls, quizzes, and surveys
- Country restrictions to run giveaways in specific regions
- Email integration
- Priority support through email and live chat
- Includes social buttons and viral share
Agorapulse is a social media management tool and offers a complete CRM, Facebook apps, and a detailed analytics suit. However, we included Agorapulse because of its Facebook contest feature, which is completely free.
Agorapulse calls it Facebook Timeline Contest or Facebook Contest App. Using this feature, you can:
- Create a variety of contest types (quizzes, photo contest, etc.)
- Filter your contestants by likes, comments, or shares
- Randomly select a winner
- Automate processes like see the person with most likes in a photo contest
The tool is limited, but if you’re only running Facebook giveaways it might be useful.
Wishpond is a complete marketing tool that lets you manage email marketing, landing pages, online forms, marketing automation, and more. Among these products are its social media contest and promotion service.
Using Wishpond, you can create giveaways to generate social engagement and boost your followers. Here are some features you might want to check out:
- Create 10 different types of contests (sweepstakes, coupons, video contest, etc.)
- Integration with tools like Zapier, AWeber, and Shopify
- A simple interface and very easy to use
Wishpond is pricier than other tools on our list, so it’s not the best option for small businesses.
Shortstack is a complete marketing tool through which you can create amazing giveaways. If you’re wondering how to start a giveaway contest then Shortstack’s free online contest software has got you covered.
Some of the features offered by Shortstack include:
- Unlimited giveaway campaigns and emails
- 100 entry allowance
- Run giveaways, sweepstakes, photo contest, essay contest, and more
- Automatically selects a winner for you
- Create landing pages for your contest
- Built-in themes with 50+ templates
- Email and live chat support
- Easy to use style panel to create contests
- Customize your design with different fonts, colors, size, and more
- Stops repeated entries and protect against fraud
Woobox is one of the easiest WordPress plugins to create a giveaway and its 100% free. It’s excellent for running a contest for different social platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. And through its drag and drop builder, you can create contests and sweepstakes in an instant.
Woobox also offers other features, which makes it even more attractive:
- Integration with 500+ tools like Mailchimp
- Easily collect likes, comments, and hashtags on social media
- Use embed codes to place a contest anywhere on the website
- Customize different templates
- Create unlimited campaigns
- Select a winner with its Winner Picker Tool
- Mobile responsive
- Create a dedicated landing page for your giveaway
KingSumo is another free online contest software option you can use. It’s by the same team behind AppSumo. The tool was initially built for internal company use, but after finding success, they decided to release it for everyone.
The free version offers basic features like integrations and unlimited giveaways. But you may want to upgrade to a paid plan for more features like:
- Custom branding
- Integration with Zapier
- Facebook pixel tracking
- Customer support
Gleam offers a wide range of tools, and one of them is a software that lets you create giveaway contests. One of the reasons for its popularity is its user-friendly design. You can manage and run giveaways using Gleam without any problem.
Here are some of its key features included in the free version:
- Customize your design with a drag and drop builder
- Display the winner on the widget
- Mobile responsive giveaway widgets
- Verifies social accounts automatically
- Automatically monitors and detects fraud
- Install your giveaway on your website, Facebook, select a custom landing page
Easypromos has perhaps the most comprehensive range of contest types. They’ve combined them under four categories: direct giveaways, entry forms, contests, and games. So, you can create complex giveaways across multiple social media platforms or run different contests.
Easypromos also offers features such as:
- Mobile responsive designs and widgets
- Analyze contest data with detailed reports
- Control and minimize frauds
- Support 30+ languages for multilingual promotions
- Create giveaways with influencers, brands, and sponsors
- Quick and easy to use without any coding
- Manage, track, and create giveaways with a simple interface
- Select winners randomly
- Share contest across multiple channels
- Use tracking data to see contests performance
- Giveaways that comply with Facebook rules
Our Recommendation: Which is the Best Free Contest Software?
Our top pick for the best free contest tool is RafflePress. It’s 100% FREE and offers features that other free software don’t on our list.
RafflePress is very easy to use, and with its free templates, you can create and run a giveaway in an instant. You can also check out RafflePress’s Pro plan for more advanced features.
And that’s it.
We hope you liked our article on free online contest software options for viral giveaways. If you want, you can also check out these 35+ WordPress plugins to boost your website’s growth.