Are you wondering how to add contact forms on your business site? It’s easy with a contact form plugin! But choosing the right plugin can be a tiring job, given the presence of thousands of contact form plugins on the market.
In this article, we’ve hand-picked the 6 best WordPress contact form plugins and compared their features, pros, and cons, to help you pick the best plugin for your needs. No need to thank us. Knowing we’ve helped you succeed is thanks enough.
WPForms is the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin on the market. It comes with a simple drag and drop form builder which you can use to create smart online forms in just a few clicks, without touching any code.
Besides offering the most user-friendly interface, it features the most powerful features you’ll need to succeed. In addition to gorgeous contact forms, the plugin enables you to create advanced online forms like survey forms, donation forms, order forms, subscription forms, etc. in a matter of minutes.
To ensure you have the freedom to create all types of forms, it provides all the fields from the radio buttons to file uploads to multi-page forms. Furthermore, it includes a wide range of form templates that you can easily customize and use on your business site. That way, you won’t have to build your forms from scratch each and every time (unless you want to).
Most noteworthy of all: adding the forms to your pages and posts is extremely easy with the Add Form button directly within your post editor. Whereas other form plugins require you to copy a shortcode which you then paste wherever you want to add the form.
- It’s an extremely easy to use plugin that even an absolute beginner can use to create complex online forms like survey forms, donation forms, etc.
- WPForms has a free version for basic users which you can download from WordPress.org and use on as many sites as you like.
- You can get plenty of documentation and tutorials along with fully-dedicated technical support.
- Although it has a free version, you need to purchase the premium version to unlock advanced features like smart conditional logic, multi-page forms, payment forms, etc.
Offer: MonsterInsights users can get a 10% discount on WPForms by simply using the coupon code SAVE10.
Pirate Forms is a contact form and SMTP plugin for WordPress by ThemeIsle. The plugin lets you easily add simple contact forms on your posts and pages using a shortcode or widget. And, with the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) option, it ensures you won’t miss any emails from your site users.
The plugin comes in both free and paid versions. The free version provides basic features like reCAPTCHA to avoid spam messages. Using Pirate Forms, you can create fully-responsive contact forms that adapt well to all types of devices.
The paid version Pirate Forms Extended comes with some additional features like custom fields and multiple forms. It also has integration with MailChimp, AWeber, and GetResponse so you can use your contact lists for email marketing campaigns.
- It has a contact form shortcode ready for use which can serve the most basic form needs of average users.
- It has both free and premium versions, so you can try the free version first and check if it’s the right choice before making a purchasing decision.
- It is not a form maker or drag and drop builder plugin, so there is limited flexibility for creating forms.
- This doesn’t offer advanced forms like subscription, payment, order, feedback forms, etc.
Ninja Forms is yet another powerful form builder plugin for WordPress. With its intuitive drag and drop form creator, you can build simple to complex online forms with ease. But if you’re a developer, you can also create your own custom functionality using the hundreds of functions and action hooks available.
Using Ninja Forms, you can use an unlimited number of forms, fields, emails, and submissions. After you have created your forms, you can add them to your site using a shortcode, widget, or template function. With Ninja Forms, you will miss out on the direct Add Form option in the post editor that WPForms provides.
Ninja Forms is a freemium plugin which is available in both free and paid versions. In addition, it features dozens of addons ($29 to $129) for advanced options and integration with various web apps, email marketing services, and payment options.
- Ninja Forms’ addons offer you a choice to purchase only the addons you need. Thus, you will pay only for the features you actually need. No extra money is spent.
- There is detailed documentation for the plugin and its addons. If you need technical support, they have a great approach to offering support.
- Ninja Forms looks cost-effective in the beginning with the option to purchase individual addons; however, it becomes very expensive as your needs grow.
Formidable Forms is a feature-rich WordPress plugin for creating online forms. With a visual drag and drop form builder, it allows you to create simple to complex forms with ease. If you don’t want to start from the scratch, you can use the pre-built form templates on your business site.
Using the plugin, you can create unlimited forms and customize them as fully as you want. It has a visual form stylizer which you can use to give a specific style to everything including your field labels, floating labels, colors, settings, etc.
A unique feature you will get with Formidable Forms is the ability to display form data with views. You can display any data submitted into a Formidable form in the front-end of your site similar to classified listing sites like real estate, employment listings, etc.
Just like Ninja Forms, it has a free version and a paid option. You can purchase its addons separately or buy them with premium plans. Individual addons cost $39 to $89 which is a bit higher price-wise than Ninja Forms’ addons.
- Formidable Forms offers a wide range of features which can benefit programmers to build more advanced functionalities.
- It provides great flexibility and more styling options than some of the other plugins on this list.
- Although its extensive features can be helpful for advanced users, they make the plugin interface quite complicated. Beginners can get puzzled in the beginning.
Contact Form 7 is probably the oldest and the most downloaded contact form plugin in existence. It holds a legacy of over a decade as the top solution for WordPress contact forms.
Using Contact Form 7, you can build basic contact forms and add them to your site. However, creating contact forms is not as easy as with other plugins on this list because of its HTML-based interface. You’ll need to have basic HTML knowledge for using this plugin.
Unlike other plugins on the list, Contact Form 7 is exclusively a free plugin without any paid options. However, there are several third-party plugins which serve as addons to Contact Form 7.
- You can install and use Contact Form 7 completely free of cost on as many sites as you want.
- There are plenty of useful online resources and tutorials which you can use to learn about the plugin.
- Since the plugin is free, support options are limited.
Gravity Forms is a premium contact form plugin for WordPress. The plugin features a bundle of powerful features and options which enable you to build advanced forms on your WordPress site.
Like WPForms and Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms also offers an intuitive drag and drop interface for building forms. After creating forms, you can add them on your posts and pages by simply clicking on the Add Form button in the Post Editor toolbar similar to WPForms. You can also use shortcodes and function call to manually add the forms on your site, if you prefer.
Its other major features are conditional logic, email notifications, spam protection, responsive design, etc. Moreover, it has dozens of addons and integrations for different web applications and email marketing services.
Not to mention, all of your forms created with Gravity Forms will be fully-responsive and look great across all devices.
- Gravity Forms offers reliable support options for any type of help you may need. You can get answers for your general queries in the knowledge base and forums, while there’s email support for technical issues.
- Advanced features and plenty of addons make this a complete tool for all your needs.
- Unlike other plugins on this list, it’s a premium only plugin. If you are on a shoestring budget, this may not be the right option for you.
Track Your Forms with MonsterInsights Now!
After the review of the best contact form plugins, we think that creating contact forms is easy.
But if you want to grow your business faster, your job as a business owner doesn’t end here.
You need to know how your business site is interacting with your users. It’s important to know whether your site is turning your visitors into subscribers and customers.
Forms act as the means of collecting leads and conversions, but it’s very important to know how your forms are performing. Forms analytics can provide you with the actual reports of your forms’ views and conversions.
So, how do you track your contact forms?
You could use Google Analytics, but it’s a complex task unless you are an expert in using it.
Or, you can put your mind at ease because MonsterInsights is here to help.
It has a wonderful forms addon for tracking your online forms.
Using this addon, you can track all your forms’ views and conversions. Not to mention, it takes just 1 click to activate this feature, and it starts collecting your forms’ data right away.
Which Is The Best Contact Form Plugin?
Best is a relative term, meaning that the “best” plugin differs from person to person according to their needs. Thus, it’s entirely up to you to decide the best contact form plugin for yourself.
However, WPForms looks promising for all types of users due to its user-friendly interface, powerful features, and flexible pricing options.
If you have a startup business, you can use its free version to get you started. It has a bunch of powerful features sufficient for small-scale businesses.
As your business grows, you can simply upgrade your plugin license and get everything else you could ever need.
We hope this article helped you to find the right contact form plugin for your business site. If you want more insights on growing your business, please stick around.