Do you want to maximize your AdSense revenue? Monetizing your website with AdSense is the easiest way to make money online. With enough legwork, you can easily boost your earnings from AdSense.
In this article, we’ll show you some Google AdSense tips that help you to boost your AdSense earnings.
1. Follow Ad Placement Best Practices
When it comes to ad placement, the general rule of thumb is to place your ads in a highly visible area of your website where your visitors pay more attention to so that it attracts clicks. However, make sure that your ads are not annoying your visitors and creating a negative perception.
If you’re running a WordPress blog, below are a few placements that are worth trying to maximize your earnings:
- In order to increase the click-through rate (CTR), Google recommends you to use 728×90 leaderboard image ad unit above the fold of your homepage and below the main navigation bar.
- Depending on the page length, you may also use a vertical ad unit with the same size (728×90) in the middle or at the end of the homepage.
- Test different ad units– either 160×600 wide skyscraper or 300×250 medium rectangle in your sidebar.
- Place a 336×280 large rectangle ad unit at the top of your article.
- Use a similar ad unit at the end of your post before the comments section.
- Similar to the homepage, place a skyscraper or a medium rectangle ad unit in your sidebar.
2. Follow Ad Styles Best Practices
Your ads’ style and size can mean the difference between ads your visitors will notice and click, and ads they’ll skip right over. When choosing the right ad styles, your goal should be to make them more visible and decrease ad blindness.
For best results, Google recommends you to use colors for your ad text and links that already exist on your site.
When it comes to creating ad styles, there are three popular techniques that are proven to drive clicks.
- Blend: For your ad units, use the same color for borders and background as that of your page.
- Complement: Use colors that already exist on your site, but don’t match the background and borders exactly where the ads are placed.
- Contrast: For your ad units, choose colors that stand out against the background of your site. This one would be a right fit if you’re using a dark background for your blog.
3. Track AdSense Clicks
Understanding ad placement and style best practices gives you a head start, but they won’t always produce positive results. In order to boost your earnings, rather than blindly following ad placement best practices, you’ll need to understand what works best for your unique audience.
- Discover how many clicks each banner ad is receiving.
- Understand where your visitors pay more attention to on your site.
- Remove low performing ad units to increase the click-through rate.
4. Manage Ads With a Plugin
For easy management of your AdSense ads, you may use an ad management plugin like AdSanity. With AdSanity, you can insert your ads into the right location quickly and easily.
You can also group ads together by creating ad groups, and can be inserted into sidebars and posts. Some of the useful features of AdSanity are:
- Expiry date: Set an expiration date for your ads.
- Ad rotation: You can have on-page, timed rotation for your ad groups.
- Ad blocker message: Checks for ad block software and displays a message to disable it.
We hope this article helped you learn a few AdSense tips to increase your earnings.
Want to diversify your blog income? Discover how to build an affiliate website using WordPress.