Are you ready to turn your website into a revenue maker, so you’re looking for the best WordPress payment plugins?
If so, you’re in the right spot. Choosing the right payment plugin for your website and your business is important! So, to help you choose the best one, we’ve created a list of top payment plugins for WordPress.
In this article, we’ll take a look at our top 10 WordPress payment plugins and go over top features of each one. Let’s get started.
Our Favorite WordPress Payment Plugins
Most website owners will choose between Stripe and PayPal for their payment gateways, so we’ve included plugins for both of those. You’ll even find Authorize.net, Square, and a few more in our list.
- WP Simple Pay
- Easy Digital Downloads Stripe
- WordPress Simple Shopping Cart
- WebToffee Stripe Payment Plugin for WooCommerce
- WebToffee PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
- WP Full Stripe
WP Simple Pay is our #1 choice for the best WordPress payments plugin. With WP Simple Pay, you can accept payments on your website without even setting up a shopping cart.
There are several ways you can set up your payment forms, including customizing them using a drag-and-drop editor, or just using Stripe’s checkout payment pages. Your forms can pop up in an overlay, or simply be embedded.
And customizing your forms is super easy, so you can have them up within minutes.
More features of WP Simple Pay include:
- Allow custom amount payments (awesome for donation forms)
- Recurring payments with subscription plans
- Pre-built payment form templates
- All payment processing and data storage uses Stripe’s PCI-compliant servers
- Coupon codes
- Add Apple Pay and Google Pay buttons
- Accept buy now, pay later payments
- Accept ACH and alternative payment methods
- Integrates with Divi and Elementor
- And more!
Pricing: WP Simple Pay starts at $49.50 per year.
WPForms is the best form builder plugin for WordPress, and with all its addons, it’s an awesome option for a payment plugin. WPForms integrates with Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, and Square! Plus, as the most powerful form builder plugin, it gives you a ton of options and features for building your payment forms.
More WPForms features include:
- Many form templates you can start with, like an online order form template that you can use to sell physical goods, services, or digital downloads, or even collect donations
- Incredibly easy to use – set up your payment gateway integration and payment forms within minutes
- Set up recurring payments
- Allow multiple payment options on your forms
- Use WPForms’ smart conditional logic to build super smart, advanced forms
Pricing: To integrate with payment gateways, you’ll need WPForms Pro at $199.50 per year. WPForms Pro is packed with more features – make sure to check them all out!
Easy Digital Downloads is the best WordPress plugin for selling digital products like eBooks, WordPress plugins, PDF files, and so much more. If you need to collect payment for a digital product, it’s the very best payment plugin you can choose for the job.
Easy Digital Downloads features include:
- Supports Stripe and PayPal, for free
- Also includes Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.net Pro payment gateway extensions
- Allows potential customer cart saving
- Supports registered user or guest checkout
- Advanced refunds feature
- Integrates with Mailchimp, AffiliateWP, ConvertKit, and more
Pricing: Easy Digital Downloads starts at $99.50 per year.
MemberPress is the best WordPress plugin for creating a membership website and accepting payments for memberships. Use its powerful paywall feature to create a membership website that offers courses, downloads, communities, or whatever type of membership site you want to create.
MemberPress features include:
- LMS platform for courses
- Easy Affiliate integration
- Integrates with Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, and Paystack
- Ready for Link by Stripe
- Easy, customizable coupons
- Drip content
- Automated subscription building
Pricing: MemberPress starts at $179 per year.
GiveWP is the best donation plugin for WordPress. If you’re looking to accept donations on your site, GiveWP is the best plugin for the job. Used by over 100,000 websites, you can easily set up donation pages, donation forms, recurring donations, and more. Plus, use their powerful donor management tools right within your WordPress dashboard.
GiveWP features include:
- Over 15 payment gateway options including Stripe, Authorize.net, and PayPal Pro
- Easy-to-build, customizable forms that work with all the most popular page builders
- Show custom donation goals
- Recurring donation subscriptions
- Integrations with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, ConvertKit, and much more
- MonsterInsights integrates with GiveWP for powerful donation tracking in Google Analytics
Pricing: GiveWP starts for free, but a paid plan starting at $89 per year will give you more payment gateways on other features.
LearnDash is the best WordPress Learning Management System (LMS) plugin. It makes creating and selling courses online a breeze. With a powerful drag-and-drop course builder and drip content options, this plugin will help you build a course as quickly as possible to start making revenue.
LearnDash features include:
- The most powerful quizzing engine in the industry
- Immersive learning experiences
- Use any payment gateway: PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, and 300+ others with WooCommerce
- Automatic renewal notifications
- Engagement triggers: Interact with learners based on actions they take (or don’t take) in your courses
- Flexible prerequisites
Pricing: LearnDash starts at $199 per year.
WordPress Simple Shopping Cart is a free, simple PayPal payment plugin for WordPress. Whether you’re selling a physical product or digital file, this plugin will add a simple shopping cart to your site.
WordPress Simple Shopping Cart features include:
- Add your Add to Cart button anywhere
- Turns any WordPress website into an eCommerce site
- Display your shopping cart in any post, page or sidebar
- Can enable the smart PayPal payment buttons
- Integrates with the NextGen Photo Gallery plugin
- Ability to configure automatic emails to customers
Pricing: WordPress Simple Shopping cart is free.
Stripe Payment Plugin for WooCommerce is a free plugin that integrates with WooCommerce to accept payments via Stripe. Accept credit card and debit card payments, AliPay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and more.
Stripe Payment Plugin for WooCommerce features include:
- Lets customers save card details
- Accept payments via SEPA, Afterpay/clearpay, WeChat Pay, Klarna, Sofort, iDEAL
- Provides a dashboard where you can review transactions
- Supports full & partial refunds
- Automatically send out email receipts after payment to customers
Pricing: Stripe Payment Plugin for WooCommerce is free.
WebToffee PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce is very similar to Stripe Payment Plugin for WooCommerce, except it works with PayPal instead. It allows WooCommerce users to integrate PayPal Express Checkout/PayPal Smart Checkout with their sites.
WebToffee PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce features include:
- Customers can use credit cards, debit cards, PayPal credit, Pay later offers (Pay in 4), or PayPal money
- PayPal smart button smart button allows customers to make payments using the preferred payment methods in their country/region auto-detected by PayPal
- Supports PayPal’s Alternative Payment Method that helps customers to pay with their bank accounts, wallets, and other local payment methods
- Smart checkout button customization
Pricing: WebToffee PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce is free.
WP Full Stripe is a Stripe subscription and payment plugin for WordPress. It’s available in 35 countries and more than 100 currencies. It works as a one-stop solution for any and all payment needs.
WP Full Stripe features include:
- Ability to sell recurring services and consulting
- Sell one-off products like services, physical products, digital products and more
- Accept donations
- Easy invoice payment
- Saves customers’ payment information
- Send customized payment receipts
Pricing: WP Full Stripe is $49, plus more if you want support..
That’s our list! We hope you found the right payment plugin for your website.
Now, do you know how to effectively track your sales in Google Analytics? Check out How to Set Up Google Analytics 4 eCommerce Tracking on WordPress.
Not using MonsterInsights yet? What are you waiting for?