A WordPress calendar plugin can help you display event calendars and other calendars on your site in a great, user friendly way.
Many of the plugins on our list share some features, but some of them really stand out with how they look and function.
Take a look at our list of calendar plugins for WordPress to find the one that’ll work for your unique site.
Our 8 Favorite WordPress Calendar Plugins
Sugar Calendar is our top favorite plugin for setting up a WordPress calendar. It’s so simple and easy to use, but looks great and has all the major features most people need in an event calendar plugin.
Setting up events is done in a flash, with just the most basic fields to fill out. Even though the plugin is simple, it has all the key features you need, plus some really cool add-ons.
- Simple admin interface
- Custom date formatting and translation-ready
- Specify a time zone for each event or calendar, or use automatic time zone conversion
- Repeating/recurring events
- Works with Gutenberg blocks or without
- Four different event widgets with different layouts
- Go pro for add-ons like calendar sync, event tickets, user-submitted events, and more
If you’d like, you can try out the free version first.
The Events Calendar is another popular calendar plugin choice. It works for both in-person or virtual events. This calendar is more full-featured for those wanting a plugin with more customization options, more layouts, and more features.
The Events Calendar works out of the box. Just configure a few settings and start creating events in minutes. Or, you have tons of options for customization, too.
- Saved venues & organizers
- Event list and day views
- Google Maps
- Event categories and tags
- Google Calendar and iCal exporting
- Internationalized & translated
All-in-One Events Calendar is the most advanced website calendar system available for WordPress. It has a lot of features and a modern design. It’s also 100% mobile responsive and accessible.
Of all the plugins on our list, this one probably has the most features for free.
- Several themes to choose from, and you can customize colors, fonts and more
- Get week, month, or agenda views, plus more as add-ons
- Single day, multiple days, all day, never end events, and recurring events
- Search box
- Filtering events by categories, tags, organizers and venues
- Easy importing and sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook
- Social share buttons
Modern Events Calendar is another event-focused calendar plugin for WordPress with some fun features. We’ll showcase the free version (Lite) here, but there is a pro version you can check out if you’d like.
Modern Events Calendar really has a lot of options for displaying your calendar, so if you’re looking for a specific layout, this one might be a good choice.
- Tons of layout options, and many of them are included in the free version
- Easy to use
- Booking and ticketing features (add-on)
- Integrates with WooCommerce, Facebook, PayPal, and more
- Responsive and mobile-friendly
- Front-end event submission feature
Events manager is a calendar plugin that’s specifically focused on event management. It’s straightforward and easy to use, and comes with some nice features to streamline your event management on WordPress.
- Handles recurring and multi-day events
- Bookings management
- Works with physical events and virtual events (Zoom integration)
- Event submissions
- Event categories and custom attributes
- iCal feed
EventON is another pretty full-featured event calendar management plugin. EventON Lite allows you to create unlimited events with unlimited colors and unlimited event type categories, and your calendars can be added with a shortcode anywhere on your site.
- Create single or multi-day events
- Repeating events daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or custom
- Virtual event support via various 3rd party platforms
- Unlimited event types/categories
- Set/show related events
- Live event progress bar for live events
My Calendar is an accessible, simple event calendar plugin. With My Calendar, you can create individual event calendars within WordPress Multisite, multiple calendars displayed by categories, locations or author, or simple lists of upcoming events.
- Grid and list views with monthly, weekly and daily layouts
- Mini-calendar for compact displays
- Custom templates for event output
- Recurring event support
- Rich permissions handling to restrict access to parts of My Calendar
Booking Calendar is just what it sounds like: a calendar plugin with booking functionality. Display a calendar of your availability, and allow visitors to book with you. It’s pretty simple but very effective!
- Works for a property you run, service you offer, etc.
- Customers can choose days and time slots
- Bookings are stored in your WordPress database
- Sleek and customizable calendar design
- Mobile responsive
- Admin email notifications
- Import Google Calendar events
That’s our list! We hope you found the WordPress calendar plugin that works the best for your unique site.
Looking for more helpful WordPress plugins? Check out 45 Best WordPress Plugins (Most are FREE).