Compliance with European data laws including GDPR can be confusing and time-consuming. In order to help MonsterInsights users comply with these laws, we’ve created an addon that automates a lot of the necessary configuration changes for you. This allows our addon to do the bulk majority of the work, so you can focus on running your website, and getting the most out of MonsterInsights.
Automated configuration changes include:
- Automatically anonymize IP addresses on all Google Analytics hits, eCommerce hits, and form tracking hits
- Automatically disable the Demographics and Interests Reports for Remarketing and Advertising tracking on Google Analytics hits
- Automatically disable UserID tracking on Google Analytics hits, eCommerce hits, form tracking hits, and the UserID dimension in the Custom Dimensions addon
- Automatically disable author tracking in the Custom Dimensions addon
- Automatically enable the ga() compatibility mode
- Automatic integration with either the CookieBot plugin or the Cookie Notice plugin to have MonsterInsights wait to track a user into Google Analytics until consent is given. If you install either CookieBot or Cookie Notice by dFactory, and activate it, the EU Compliance addon will automatically perform all required tasks to make our tracking code compatible with it for you. No code changes are required to the MonsterInsights plugin code
- Allow for AMP addon users to have it wait for a Google AMP Consent Box to be agreed to before tracking a user
To access the addon, you must have a valid MonsterInsights license plan.
Please see the bottom of this guide for an important legal disclaimer.
Step 1: You’ll first need to install the EU Compliance Addon. Please see our guide: How to Install the EU Compliance Addon.
Step 2: Next, you’ll need to setup your applicable EU Compliance Addon Settings.
Step 3: Make adjustments to your Google Analytics Account Settings.
Step 4: Provide an Opt-Out Option.
Setup Complete, Future Updates and Legal Disclaimer
Congratulations on setting up the EU Compliance addon!
We will periodically update this addon to add new Google Analytics features related to EU compliance.
Legal Disclaimer: This addon is designed to automate some of the settings change required to be in compliance with various EU laws however due to the dynamic nature of websites, no plugin can offer 100% legal compliance. Please consult a specialist internet law attorney to determine if you are in compliance with all applicable laws for your jurisdictions and your use cases.
As a website operator, it is solely your responsibility to ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing your use of our plugin.
MonsterInsights, its employees/contractors, and other affiliated parties are not lawyers. Any advice given in our support, documentation, website, other mediums or through our services/products should not be considered legal advice and is for informational and/or educational purposes only and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date, and do not constitute creating/entering an Attorney-Client relationship.