What if you want to know more about the actions of your purchasing visitors such as the pages and products they viewed? With the User Journey addon within MonsterInsights now you can.
User Journey allows you to see every step of a purchaser’s journey throughout your site, what pages and products they looked and how long they were there.
- You have a MonsterInsights Pro or higher license.
- You have MonsterInsights installed and activated.
- You have installed and activated the MonsterInsights eCommerce addon.
- Your version of MonsterInsights is up-to-date. (MonsterInsights version 8.5.1 or later is required.)
Why Use the User Journey Addon
The benefits of using the User Journey addon are:
- The journey that a user took through to order completion.
- The time of each step, down to the minute.
- Each page that has been visited.
- The address of the page, be it blog or homepage
- The time spent on each page or product, down to the second.
Understanding and knowing the stats for each product and page will allow you to see what products purchases are looking at that are similar. This can allow you to cross-promote products or create bundles to group popular products together.
How to Install the User Journey Addon
Step 1: First, while logged in to your site’s admin area, click Insights » Addons and click Install under the MonsterInsights User Journey addon.
Step 2: After the addon has been installed, you can then click Activate to make sure the addon is active and ready to use.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed the User Journey addon. There are no other steps!
That’s it! Now you know how to get started with the User Journey addon for MonsterInsights.
The next in this series will show you how to find the User Journey Report.