Are you interested in seeing how many visitors are clicking your telephone links? MonsterInsights tracks telephone link clicks by default in all versions of our plugin. We track these user actions as “events” in Google Analytics.
In this guide, we’ll show you where to find your telephone link clicks in Google Analytics. MonsterInsights adds these and many more events to your Analytics.
- You’ve already set up Google Analytics with MonsterInsights.
- You’ve waited some time for these link clicks to appear. Or you’ve logged out of WordPress and clicked them yourself to test. (Since MonsterInsights doesn’t track logged in Administrators by default.)
- The date range picker defaults to yesterday in Google Analytics. You’ll need to adjust the date range picker if you’ve recently installed MonsterInsights.
Step 1: First, navigate to analytics.google.com and log into your account.
Step 2: Next, make sure you’re in the correct profile for your website.
Step 3: Then, to Behavior » Events » Top Events.
Step 4: Now, you’ll see any tracked telephone link clicks over the given date range:
Step 5: You can click telephone to only view those telephone link click events.
There’s a lot more data to dig into here at first glance.
Things to Explore:
- Try setting the Secondary Dimension to Source/Medium.
- Try setting the Secondary Dimension to Page.
- (There are a lot more options to explore in the secondary dimension drop-down.)
- Try the other menu items under events.
That’s it! Now you know where to find your telephone link click events. MonsterInsights adds these and many more events to your Analytics. So now, you have even more ways to measure your results.
Are you interested in finding out the source of your outbound link clicks? Then please see our guide: How to Find the Source of Outbound Traffic in Google Analytics.