Are you looking for simple yet powerful podcast plugins for WordPress? With the right podcast tool and platform, you can start your podcasts in no time.
There are many WordPress plugins you can use to set up and run a podcast. But selecting the best plugin can be tricky since there are lots of options available.
In this article, we’ve shortlisted the best WordPress podcasting plugins to help you create your podcast today!
Let’s dive right in!
Why Start a Podcast?
Did you know, there are nearly 700,000 active podcasts right now in 100 different languages? Podcasts are a great way of attracting users and building a community.
They are inexpensive to start and can be made quickly and easily. You can promote your brand and your expertise using a podcast.
And once you build healthy relationships with your listeners, you can generate leads to monetize your podcasts. It also helps you uncover new topics, audiences, and reach out to a global userbase.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress podcast plugins you can use.
PowerPress by blubrry is the best WordPress podcasting plugin you can get your hands on. It offers amazing features and a user-friendly interface. Using its beautiful yet powerful HTML 5 player, you can add a podcast to your WordPress site in an instant.
With PowerPress, you can also create RSS feeds for your podcasts for iTunes and Google Play store. And you can easily manage all your podcast files, add any information required to submit your podcast, and arrange them as per episodes.
Other exciting features of PowerPress include:
- Free migration and importing of media
- Get statistics about podcasts
- FTP and web upload options
- Get free email support
- No-fault overage storage
- Embed audio and video podcasts on your WordPress site
- Includes SEO tools to boost podcast’s rankings
- Embed artwork, title, and details to your podcast using ID3 tagging
Pricing: PowerPress offers five pricing plans. They start from $12 per month and you get 100MB storage per month.
Smart Podcast Player is another popular podcast plugin for WordPress. It offers a clean layout and lets you create professional podcasts for your website.
The plugin is designed to provide your listeners with a great experience while helping you collect leads. Smart Podcast Player comes with an email collection feature, as users can subscribe with a click of a button while listening to your podcast.
That said, the podcast plugin for WordPress also offers other powerful features like:
- A Smart Track Player for your website
- Offers social sharing, download, and subscribe buttons
- Change and customize the theme to match your podcast’s branding
- Display unlimited episodes
- Promote your entire podcast archive together
- Listeners can control the speed
- Customize image of your podcast
- Email support
Pricing: Smart Podcast Player offers two pricing plans starting from $8.09 per month billed annually.
The plugin is great for beginners as its native WordPress interface, and minimal settings make it highly user-friendly.
Here are some other features of the podcast plugin you might want to look at:
- Run multiple podcasts on the same website
- Create RSS feeds for iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher
- Use shortcodes and widgets to show podcasts anywhere on your site
- Easily manage your podcast episodes and series
- Integrate your podcast with hosting service
- A new and improved media player
Pricing: Seriously Simple Podcasting is a free WordPress plugin, but also offers premium packages which start from $19 per month.
Simple Podcast Press is another popular and user-friendly WordPress podcast plugin. It’s designed with growing your business in mind.
You can increase user engagement and boost downloads of your podcasts. Not only that, but you can also grow your email list and get more subscribers through your podcasts.
Simple Podcast Press offers other fantastic features like:
- Compatible with other podcasting platforms such as Spreaker, Apple, Buzzsprout, etc.
- Customizable buttons for your podcast
- Clickable timestamp
- Shorten URLs with its automatic shortening tool
- Share podcast snippets on Facebook and Twitter
- Showcase your podcasts with unique pages
Pricing: Simple Podcast Press prices start from $67 for a single website, and you get 30-day money-back guarantee with all the plans.
Buzzsprout is one of the best WordPress podcasting plugins and offers a complete premium solution to your podcasting needs.
It is a platform where you can create amazing podcasts and also promote it through different directories. Buzzsprout lists your podcasts on Apple, Spotify, Castro, Alexa, and many more.
Plus, it’s super easy to use, and you get powerful features likes:
- Automatically optimizes your podcasts as they upload
- Adds podcasts to popular directories
- Use URL shortener
- Embed your podcast anywhere on your site with shortcodes
- Get advance statistics about your podcasts
- Beautiful podcast player for your site
Pricing: Buzzsprout offers a 90-day free plan, and you get to upload 2 hours of podcasts. It also offers premium plans which start from $12 per month with 3 hours of audio upload per month.
Libsyn Podcasting is a plugin that offers great features and options. Using the plugin, you can connect your Libsyn account with your WordPress site. This allows you to store and upload podcasts from WordPress to Libsyn, freeing up space on your WordPress server.
There are other amazing features offered by Libsyn Podcasting, and they include:
- Create podcast episodes for your WordPress website
- Optimize podcasts tags for Apple Podcasts
- Allows automatic migration
- Create ID3 tags for your podcasts
- Automatically generates RSS feeds
- Easy to use interface
- Create and schedule podcasts on your WordPress site
- Customizable HTML 5 player
Pricing: Libsyn Podcasting prices start from $5 per month with 50MB of storage space.
Podlove podcast publisher is a WordPress plugin that will help you manage all your podcasts. It lets you create audio and video podcasts instantly. You can even build structured episodes and link them anywhere on your website.
Using the plugin, you can also generate custom podcast pages on your WordPress site. And with its enhanced HTML 5 player, you can provide a rich listening experience to your listeners.
Here are other features of Podlove Podcast Publisher:
- Use different templates
- Publish chapter information
- Multi-format publishing
- See how your podcasts are performing with analytics
- Beautiful and powerful HTML 5 player
Pricing: Podlove Podcast Publisher is a free plugin for WordPress.
BONUS: 3 Amazing Tools to Grow Your Podcast Faster
After you’re done picking an awesome podcast plugin for your website, the next step is to attract more podcast listeners and enhance its promotion.
And do to that, we’ve handpicked 3 easy to use tools that will help to grow your podcast. Let’s take a look…
MonsterInsights is the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. You can use the plugin to track the performance of your podcasts.
It helps you get key insights about how users interact with your podcasts, what actions do they perform, and where to they go after listening to your podcast.
You can grow your subscribers and listeners by having important data of your visitors, thanks to MonsterInsights. Here are other important features of the plugin:
- Get Google Analytics reports straight in your WordPress dashboard
- Get real-time statistics about your visitors
- Track affiliate links, outbound links, downloads, and more
- Conduct A/B experiments with Google Optimize tool
- Track eCommerce performance
- Automatically track forms on your site
- Ads tracking, author tracking, and more
Pricing: MonsterInsights Pro plan is available for $199.50 per year.
OptinMonster is the most powerful lead generation and conversion optimization WordPress plugins. Using OptinMonster, you can capture leads from your podcast listeners and convert them into customers.
Using OptinMonster, you can show pop-ups and FOMOs to attract visitors. And with its exit-intent technology, you can generate leads before your visitors leave your site.
OptinMonster also offers other amazing features that include:
- Drag and drop builder
- Simple yet beautiful pre-built themes
- Mobile optimized popups
- Convert podcast visitors into paying customers
- Create different types of campaigns
- Integrate with other popular marketing tools like Drip or Salesforce
Pricing: OptinMonster Pro is available for $29 per month billed annually.
WPForms is the best WordPress plugin for creating forms. Using the plugin, you can create a contact form and build your own community of podcast listeners around a topic.
It helps to get details about your listeners, respond to their queries, and build relationships. WPForms is very easy to use, and you can add forms to your site without any coding.
Here are some brilliant features of WPForms:
- Capture email addresses and contact information
- Grow your subscriber list
- Use polls and surveys to find out what your listeners like
- Use its drag and drop builder to create attractive forms
- Generate money from your podcast by accepting payments through PayPal or Stripe
- Add contact forms anywhere on your site with ease
Pricing: WPForms Pro plan starts from $199.50 per year, and you get a 14-days money-back guarantee.
Verdict: What’s the Best WordPress Podcast Plugin?
If you’re looking for a complete and simple podcast solution, then we recommend PowerPress by blubrry. It’s packed with loads of features that will help you create and manage podcasts on your WordPress site.
And you can also create RSS feeds for iTunes and Google Play, so distributing your podcast is also made easy with the plugin.
We hope you liked our article on the best WordPress podcasting plugins. You can also check out our complete guide to Google Analytics for publishers.